Pacing is officially accelerated this flavor. I am but trying to curl with information technology now, even though Game of Thrones worked SO hard to emphasize space and time in the past. Maybe all that work led us to subconsciously laissez passer the fourth dimension in our minds now… merely still. They almost probable have more money than ever before and at this charge per unit, HBO should give them whatever they want. Why accelerate and cut down the amount of episodes??

I know, I know – I whine about this each week, because I am getting no resolution for this puzzler and I volition inform all of you of how frustrated I still am with this state of affairs.

Alright – overall problems covered, let's swoop in to the nitty-gritty.

Starks: The Comeback Kids

3 Starks are in Winterfell!! I echo, tres amigos!!! (My house is making a comeback, y'all – thought we were down and out for the count postal service-Cherry-red Hymeneals, but oh no no no!)

Alas, information technology was a bittersweet reunion at that. The last time Arya and Sansa were in the same location on photographic camera at the same time was hither (S1E5: "The Wolf and the Lion"):

Babies, am I right??

Plain in simple maturity their dispositions are more likely to become along at present, but consider all of the hardship that they are wearing beneath their hearts. Mayhap they will get to have a squeamish chit-chat and let some of that hurting out into the air. In a fashion, they aren't so different. They have both had to refine their skills and weaponry. Only, Sansa'south weapon is her mind, while Arya'south is a sword. Together, they could be the dream team.

Bran is notwithstanding being a butt. True, he revealed a better look into his psyche that he is not "Bran" equally nosotros knew him. He is the Three-Eyed Raven. Who was also really not pumped to see Arya (as expected) and merely handed over a Valyrian steel blade like eh nbd (which to be honest, seems like a smart thing to bear around if you are a semi-omnipresent being who can't walk that everyone is going to desire to use to their own ends, but any. Bran probably wouldn't want my assistance anyway, the ungrateful 3ER).

And I do believe this calls into question the nature of the 3ER – its it a diety that posseses powerful wargs? Who else in Bran's family (if anyone else) has been the 3ER? If Bran is expressionless and replaced by 3ER – can nosotros outset calling him Three-Eyes or Raven-boy or something, because Bran is nonetheless Bran enough to not seem like he is possessed past an anient entity.

In any example, this Marvel Team Up of Political Superstar Ginger (Sansa), No 1's There Assassin (Arya), and I Don't Need You I Accept Three Eyes (Bran) is going to be an interesting ane for certain. Will they cease up being led past squad leader I Don't Know Who My Parents Are (Jon Snowfall)? Heady times for House Stark!

Brienne is Bested

Speaking of exciting times, let'southward talk nearly duel-shark Arya Stark, walking up to Brienne like "I need practice" and completely pulling a 180 on her. Important to note: Arya has mad respect for Brienne, knowing she bested the Hound. And if Arya bested Brienne, could she now best the Hound?

In any case, I don't believe Brienne is going to give up entirely to getting her answer about Arya'south teacher. Maybe Arya volition teach her a lesson or two. I sense a mutual bond developing betwixt them, though, both bad-ass women choosing to fight rather than stand up off to the sides.

Sansa'southward reaction to the duel was the well-nigh interesting part of the scene. Later seeing what her sister could do, was she lamenting her inability to do the same? I don't think so. Sansa has never been a physical fighting type. Maybe she wishes they had joined together sooner, since she would have had a defender stiff enough to go on the evils at bay. And possibly she is jealous that Arya has been able to attain the one matter she ever wanted, whereas Sansa has had to float in-between survival and necessity, not really getting to stray out of those confines. I promise Arya empowers her into realizing she doesn't demand Littlefinger to exist a BAB.

Cavern Drawings and Familial Honey (eekk)

Then we constitute the warehouse for 1-800-Dragonglass and it came with some neat instructions, which Jon (romantically?) led Dany to in order to see the tales from history for herself. I half expected her to look at him and tell him he was a skillful artist, her disbelief has been and so strong before now. All the same, she agreed to help fight the White Walkers, if Jon bends the knee. Jon won't do it.

Then now we are stuck between two stubborn leaders, both with valid cases for their points of view. Dany wants allies and to rule the kingdom of Westeros. Jon wants to beat the White Walkers and keep humanity from extinction. So why the stubbornness? I retrieve that an interesting plot point is well-nigh to arise.

With no bent knee joint and no allegiance, how much more interesting is the interaction betwixt the two of them going to be when Jon finds out he has more valid claim to the throne than Dany? How will the northerners react when they observe out Jon may exist more than southern in blood than they idea?

Either way, there is some serious chemistry developing between this aunt and her nephew and I hate that I kind of want it to happen. I mean, let'due south be real, accept aside the potential familial conflict, and they would exist the perfect pair.

The Queen of Ashes Emerges (But I kind of loved it??)

Dany chose to be the Queen of Ashes. Here, she may think she is fugitive burning the civilians alive, only really, she just chose to burn their food alive. I feel like Drogon could take picked upward a cart or 2 in his talons to carry with them, but that's simply me.

The food and supplies bated, I was totally here for Dany's conquest. The Lannister's needed to wake up real fast to the fact that Dany has an astonishing army and a flight, burn-breathing dragon. They idea they could outwit her, and perchance they did (although it is not clear whether or not the gold did in fact make information technology to Rex'southward Landing safely). It could be that I was just craving some GoT level of violence, but I didn't think that this was totally "Mad King" level. It definitely shows she is at a crossroads betwixt being a Targaryen or Mhysa/Breaker of Chains. The balance between the ii has always been her greatest struggle, and then of course it is being juxtaposed even further at present.

Dany is as well at present enlightened that they are developing weapons to chase her dragons. Everyone who things Drogon is downward and out for the count I recollect is being impaired. He got hit in the shoulder and was in some pain, just was still able to hover-fly and roast that weapon alive. He is going to be fine. Residuum, acme, and he'll be back out there with his bros.

Destruction aside, Dany unleashed and I'1000 whole because of it. I'one thousand not going to be one of the starving residents of Westeros, then I say #getitgirl. Show Cersei what you lot're fabricated of.

The Kingslayer is Dumb

At this point, how blinded by love can yous be? Your sister/lover is a FREAKING Bedlamite who is responsible for the death of your last kid, not to mention the abhorrently spoiled upbringing of her other children. He has to see her madness and know that her conquest is in vein. She has no line.

And so my theory hither is this — Jamie, confronted past all of the called-for flesh and his ain obvious insecurities, basically attempted suicide by dragon, thinking if he succeeds, Dany is dead, if he fails, no more of the crazy he has been wrapped up in. (Because there is nothing else that could have been but suicide. Drogon was awake. He wasn't, like, passed out. He was only like "mom, get this thing out of my arm and then I can go swallow whoever is left" and she'due south like "hold on, kiddo, I got you" and he's all "no one spears my momma RAGEFIRE" — I mean, what else did he expect??)

So now he is floating in the water, which is probably giving him some squeamish, repose time to reflect on his mistakes. Will he be yet once more a prisoner of state of war? Volition he continue to bladder downward never to exist seen over again? Will he arise and escape, merely to run dorsum to Cersei in order to tell them how f**ked they are??? Nosotros shall see next week!!!

Other Musings

  • Who makes all of Dany's dress? Like, she is e'er dressed upward so nice, but out of everyone, should have the least access to materials. Cersei just makes the people pay for all of her decease-garb, just Dany still looks just as skilful. (Go out it to me to start thinking practically about this stuff.)
  • Something very important is developing between Littlefinger and Bran. Any long game Littlefinger is trying to play, Bran can be three steps ahead of him. Will Littlefinger try to capture this ability, or snuff out the one source that could truly out think him? I don't know notwithstanding. Simply I've got my centre on those two.
  • In the promo for next week, Jon stood a the Westeros table map and stated "Bran said the Night Rex…" something or other — meaning, a) Jon will/at present knows Bran is alive b) they take chatted and c) DOES BRAN TELL HIM WHO HE REALLY IS?
  • Poor Tyrion – we've all had those times where nosotros only aren't doing well in work/school no matter how hard we effort… And he actually is trying. Just… Is he? The matter is, I know he believes in Dany – but he all the same loves his blood brother, despite his many, MANY faults. Was there a hidden inkling that was keeping him from an all-out assail on the Lannisters? Is he doubting now? Tyrion looked similar he was in pain seeing what Dany unleashed.
  • Theon-shemeon… Yeah I knew Jon wasn't going to kill him, he'due south likewise skillful, just I was really hoping for a good punch.
  • I get that money matters in war, but this newfound emphasis on banking and assistants is then dry out compared to everything else. As much as I enjoy seeing Mycroft show up in GoT, what is the depository financial institution going to do? Do they kill people who don't pay? Anybody kills everyone on this show, and so I'd assume so.
  • Where is Ghost? I understand making direwolves is expensive stuff, but GoT is surely making plenty money to accept one scene with Ghost. I hateful, come on, how cool would it accept been if Dany tried to threaten Jon but Ghost growled at her etc etc. Jon could have been all – "I do'due north go't no dragons simply I do go't ah wolf" (I endeavour So hard to replicate that wonderful accent…)I WANT MY WOLVES Dorsum!

by the old gods and the new,

raina